The Sakhnin goal that will go down in the annals of Israeli soccer history

A

auroaangelica

Ironically, Khalaili had entered the game in the 55th minute, coming on for the previous game’s hero, Omer Senior, who scored the decisive goal against Japan to send Israel into the Round of 16.

Khalaili ‘s father had once been a goalkeeper in the lower leagues of Israeli soccer and helped train his son in order to put him in the position where he scored five goals this past season with Haifa’s youth team while also having been in the starting lineup for the National Team’s three games last November.

There had been some interest from well-known European clubs for the 18-year old Khalaili’s services and that ratcheted up following the game when immediate reports came out that Polish outfit Legia Warsaw and Austrian side Rapid Wien were keen on having Khalaili as part of their squads.

However, the striker, who is signed with Maccabi Haifa through 2026, perhaps will have a chance to crack the first-team lineup with his youth coach Messay Dego now taking over the reins for the big club.

With the final whistle being blown, the celebrations kicked off as fans flew Israeli flags in almost every inch of the stadium, the players leapt on one another and ran around the track in pure unadulterated joy.

There was no politics to be found between Arab and Jew. Khalaili with his goal had united people and also a nation that has been thirsting for someone to do just that.

“This is a very exciting moment and I have goosebumps all over my body,” a boisterous Khalaili said. “I want to thank the entire nation of Israel who are supporting us and who were up until past 2 a.m. in the morning. I just knew that this was going to be my day, I had a good feeling, I just knew it. We are winners, a group of men and I am so proud of everyone here.”

Haim also spoke about the victory.

“I set a goal for our team and I am so proud of the guys, this was a very tough game. This was like a Cup final, and a game like that is very dangerous. We didn’t play well enough and intelligently enough, but we showed a tremendous amount of character, toughness all the way to the final seconds. We believed that we could win, we were the better team and we deserved to be victorious.”

“Everything in life is difficult,” continued the bench boss. “But that is what makes it so much sweeter. I hoped that the journey would be a bit easier, but it looks like this is what God’s plan was for me. We have an incredible national team and we are very united which is what I believe wholeheartedly. We now have to make sure that we don’t think that we aren’t the underdog and stay modest.”

Congratulations poured in from every corner of the world, whether it was the Official FIFA Website, Colombian television, or local Argentinian media.

Israeli soccer has made its mark

Up next will be either world footballing powerhouse Brazil or Tunisia. The South American side was heavily favored to punch its ticket to the quarterfinal and a date with Israel, but one never knows what may be in the game of soccer.

Should Tunisia shock Brazil, there are already reports that the North African nation, which does not have relations with Israel, will boycott the game which would not only send the blue-and-white straight into the semifinals, but also would punch Israel’s ticket to the 2024 Olympic Games.

Obviously, Haim didn’t want to get too far ahead of himself and knows that there is still a long road ahead.

“Whoever we get, great. We have a rest day coming up and then we will prepare ourselves properly as we want to get to the semifinals. We will do everything in our power to make everyone happy!”

“Can we make it past the quarterfinals? Brazil? Anything is possible,” a jubilant Khalaili said. “We know that we can do it and we are as good as any other national team and we have proven that.”

Fast X Streaming

Fast X Streaming ita

dss

raf

La Sirenetta Streaming

La Sirenetta Streaming ita

dgg

jut

The Boogeyman Streaming

The Boogeyman Streaming Ita

fre

yte