Passed CompTIA CySA+ CS0-003 With 821/900

K

karonbill

I successfully passed the CS0-003 exam today, and I wanted to share my experience with you. While I cannot compare it to the previous version (CS0-002) in terms of difficulty, I personally found this exam to be quite manageable. Here is some information about the test.

In terms of performance-based questions (pbqs), I have to admit that they were not as challenging as I initially anticipated. It would be helpful to familiarize yourself with basic nmap commands, identify insecure ports, and understand the specific purpose of certain ports.

On the other hand, the multiple-choice section of the exam was relatively tougher than the pbqs. However, there wasn't a significant focus on log-related questions, which made up less than 20% of the test. If you have already completed the SSCP certification (for incident response questions) and Project+ certification (for project management questions), and possess a basic understanding of security+ concepts, you should be well-prepared.

For study materials, I initially used a CS0-003 study guide from Passcert, which I highly recommend as it adequately prepares you for the exam. In terms of practice tests, I relied on my previous preparation for SSCP and Project+ and didn't focus too much on those domains. I scored an 80% on the first Sybex test from the 1000-question book. Additionally, I received a 76% on the first set of questions from Chapter 1 and a 65% on the first set of log-related questions from Chapter 2. These log questions are particularly challenging and will definitely over-prepare you for the test. Before the exam, I reviewed ports and nmap commands. Remember that the test provides ample time, so save the pbqs for the end. As a fun exercise, I took Passcert CySA+ CS0-003 practice exam and scored a 91%.

To conclude, I strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with CVSS v3.1 and learning how to read and prioritize vulnerabilities using it. You can expect to encounter numerous questions related to this topic during the exam.